UNC-Chapel Hill Graduate

UNC-Chapel Hill Graduate

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I MADE IT TO THE MOTHERLAND….WHOOP WHOOP






My journey was very long; I had to catch a plane from Raleigh to New Jersey, then from New Jersey to Belgium. I met my friend Cherish in Belgium, which made the last flight to Bangul a little more comfortable. After an entire day of traveling on three different planes, I finally arrived in “The Gambia”, AFRICA. I flew into Banjul, the capital of “The Gambia”. I was initially quite surprised because the Gambians rushed to help me, “for a small fee”, but I can truly say that these are the nicest people I have ever met. However, the men are much nicer than the women. As soon as I arrived, Cherish and I were picked up by my Gambian friend Seedy and taken to his apartment that he just recently built. It was very nice and Americanized in his home. Seedy’s friend Jerreh met us and we went to find us a hotel to reside in; and the one we found is one of the nicest in this country. After getting everything situated, I enjoyed a Gambian dinner at the hotel, and it was delicious. Because I traveled through 3 time zones, I quickly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment